My Favorite Treadmill Workout Plan
for Faster Fat Loss
A treadmill workout plan is more than just sweating it out, it should burn fat and make your lungs strong. This treadmill plan will work on so many levels, especially to lose weight or burn fat faster.
[The treadmill is probably one of my favorite equipments in the gym. I love to run outdoors for fresh air; but when there are circumstances that I need to be indoors, the treadmill can be a great alternative.]
My Treadmill Workout Plan
1. Walking in the treadmill for two minutes, at 4.0. This serves as the warm up of the whole exercise.
2. Jog at moderate pace, usually 7.0 to 8.0, for 30 seconds
3. After 30 seconds, walk at 4.0 to 5.0 for one minute
4. Add .5 to 1.0 to the jogging intensity for 30 seconds again.
5. Back to the walking pace for one minute again
6. Do this for 10-20 minutes
7. I usually do steady state cardio after (stationary bike or just walking in the treadmill) for 10-30 minutes.
This treadmill workout plan is based on the concept of High Intensity Interval Type of Training. This simply means alternating high intensity of effort to short rest that allows you to catch your breath and then back to high intensity.
When to Do This Workout
Contrary to popular belief, I do cardio, like this treadmill workout plan, after my resistance workouts because based on some studies, cardio after resistance training burns more fat or calories than the other way around.
Practicality speaking, if you want to get those reps in your resistance training in top most form without being tired, I advise resistance training first. After this, your body is much more warmed up and ready to burn a lot more through cardio.
How This Works For Fat Loss
In a nutshell, HGH is released during High Intensity Workouts like the treadmill workout plan above. HGH is a hormone naturally produced in your body that changes its chemistry of your body to use energy from your stored body fats and not from food. Another term for this is lipolysis.
reference: Kanaley JA, Weltman JY, Veldhuis JD, Rogol AD, Hartman ML, Weltman A (November 1997). "Human growth hormone response to repeated bouts of aerobic exercise". J. Appl. Physiol. 83 (5):1756–61.
HGH is naturally produced but it decreases with age. This treadmill workout plan will ensure a natural release of HGH without pills or injections. HGH can be felt with the term the fitness industry use as "HGH Flush"
How to Know if You Have the HGH Flush
A great indicator that you have HGH released and have optimum results for this treadmill workout, you will feel that your skin is slightly red and it feels hot. I use this to indicate that I have enough intensity. Think when running from an angry dog or being chased.
Keep it Challenging
I advise toning down the intensity for beginners. The important thing is that you have the HGH flush. You can tone it down by decreasing the pace of the treadmill, or lengthening the time of rest a bit.
Keep going at it for months and it will seem easy at some point. You should increase the intensity by:
1. Increasing the incline of the treadmill (1.0 and above)
2. Increasing the pace you are starting or ending from (in my treadmill workout plan you can start from 8.0 and end in 12.0 or higher)
3. Decreasing the time of rest (from 1 minute you can go as low as 30 seconds)
Work on your own pace. Do not be afraid to start small because you should do a whole treadmill workout until you cannot jog anymore to achieve maximum fat loss results.Here is a quote on challenges and resistance to keep your spirits up:
“Opposition is a natural part of life. Just as we develop our physical muscles through overcoming opposition - such as lifting weights - we develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and adversity.” -Stephen R. Covey
...Hope this helps.
Get Optimum Results on This Workout By...
HGH plays an important role in using fat for fuel so to ensure the maximum release of HGH, here are some tips to get maximum fat loss results in this treadmill workout plan:
1. To burn a little more fat and to increase metabolism even after the workout, 10-30 minutes of steady state cardio works well. It also serves as a cool down after the intense cardio.
2. Studies have shown that HGH is released when training without anything before working out. I advise 3-4 hours before training you do not have anything in your stomach. This not only burns fat in the treadmill, it also burns fat while working out.
3. If fat loss is your goal, do not take any form of calories before, during and 1-2 hours after workout. This ensures maximum fat loss and increase in metabolism.
4. HGH is also released during deep or adequate sleep. Make sure you get a lot of rest during the night and stay active during the day.
This treadmill workout plan for sure will help you reach you fat loss goals if you stick with it. Maximize fat loss by doing the treadmill workout plan outlined above, with no food anytime before or soon for the optimum release of HGH. And keep it challenging to have HGH flush every cardio workout.
Return to the Fitness Tips Homepage